Fire was a primary element representing thermal energy in the Matoran Universe. This element was used by Toa and Turaga of Fire, and Ta-Matoran. Toa of Fire had almost perfect control of the element. The element gave Matoran the ability to work in extremely hot environments. Turaga abilities were somewhere in the middle. A being with this elemental power had less resistance to cold than others.
- Creating fire/heat
- Creating concentrated beams of fire/heat.
- Controlling fire/heat.
- Absorbing fire/heat
- Unleashing a Fire Nova Blast. - Toa-exclusive
- Detecting energy sources, as energy gives off heat.
- Setting a delayed reaction of fire/heat. - Toa Nuva-exclusive
- Extreme resistance to heat also came with this power.
- "Possessing" fire. - Element Lord-exclusive
- When combined with the Element of Air, it can be used to create a tornado of fire.
- When combined with the Element of Ice, it created water, or it can create an instant seal.
- When combined with the Element of Earth or Stone, it could be used to make lava. It can also create glass when used with sand.
- When combined with the Element of Water, it could be used to make steam.
- When combined with almost any other five different Elements, it created a Toa Seal around the target that was only breakable by a second union of the six Elements.
- A Fire Skakdi must combine their power with another Skakdi in order to use the power.
These beings are/were wielders of Fire
- All Ta-Matoran - Inaccessable
- All Toa of Fire
- Makuta of Fire
- All Tahnok
- The Bahrag
- All Fire Skakdi - only when used with another Skakdi
- The Element Lord of Fire